Jivkos Firefox Themes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden firewall or something prevents programs from accessing the internet

Go down

Hidden firewall or something prevents programs from accessing the internet Empty Hidden firewall or something prevents programs from accessing the internet

Post  smallfish Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:44 pm

I recently had some computer problems (Webroot Spysweeper came up with having cws_cassandra and coolwebsearch, among some others). My computer became unstable and I had to do a windows repair install which basically reinstalled windows but left my documents. The computer still wasn't stable but I ran Ad-aware, SuperAntisSpyware, Webroot spysweeper, Wise disk cleaner 3, and Combofix to try and clear everything off. The computer is stable now and I can access the internet fine with any web browser but I am having wierd problems with other programs. It started with trying to set up Outlook express and I couldn't get my email to work. Then I tried to set up Thunderbird and that woudln't work either. I then went on all the different virus/spyware programs to try and update them and all of them said they were not able to access the internet. I have shut off all programs and I thought could have a built in firewall but it still won't work. ccProxy.exe is running in the background and I am wondering of that could possibly be the problem? Any other ideas? I have tried turning off Windows firewall as well as turning it on and adding all the programs to the allow list but that didn't work either. Thanks for the help.

smallfish

Back to top Go down