Jivkos Firefox Themes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion

+3
Jivko
Murry
mrsport
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion

Post  mrsport Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:28 pm

NEWS
Ghana media mourns heart-break
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 1266444_FULL-LND
Ghana's painful penalty shoot-out quarter-final defeat against Uruguay was plastered across the country's media on Saturday which described it as heart-breaking.

The country's biggest selling and state funded newspaper the Daily Graphic had as its frontpage headline "Uruguay end Stars dream" after the two-time champions had beaten the Black Stars 4-2 on penalties after the game ended 1-1 after extra time. However, the Ghanaians had a golden opportunity to prevent penalties and win it at the death when Luis Suarez was sent-off for punching the ball away from crossing the line only for Asamoah Gyan to hit the crossbar with the resulting penalty.

The Daily Graphic dedicated its editorial to the performance of the Black Stars saying that although they were "gallant losers", it was just a "heart-breaking" experience as the only remaining title hopes for the African continent was shattered by the penalties defeat.

The Ghanaian Times, another government owned daily had for its banner headline "History slips from the Stars".

"It has been a painful exit. Throughout the world, everybody with African blood in his or her veins was upbeat about the chances of the Black Stars," it said. "The prayer of this paper is that there would be no finger-pointing. Let there be no blame game. Our boys have gone to a battle and acquitted themselves creditably," the paper said.

The Daily Guide, Ghana's most widely read of about a dozen privately-owned papers, ran a frontpage headline as "Stars break hearts". It said it was a heart-breaking end to a hitherto successful campaign that had seen the Ghana squad carry the hopes and aspirations of the entire African continent which is hosting its first FIFA World Cup™️ in history. "Indeed, African leaders including Nelson Mandela, had declared their support for the Black Stars but at the end... it was the South Americans that snatched victory," it said.

Kingson looks past agony
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 1266320_FULL-LND
It was not all doom and gloom in the Ghana camp after their agonising penalty shoot-out defeat to Uruguay in the 2010 FIFA World Cup™️ quarter-finals.

Ghana may have missed the chance to make African history by becoming the first team from their continent to reach the last four due to striker Asamoah Gyan's last gasp extra-time penalty miss, but there have been many positives.

"We have a young team, we have a good future and now we must get together to have a strong team for the next (African) Cup of Nations."

Sneijder credited with first goal in Dutch quarter-final victory
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 1265880_FULL-LND
Who should get the credit for a goal? At times it is not 100 per cent clear, but in the case of a FIFA competition, it is the FIFA Technical Study Group who ultimately decide.

Shots which are on target (i.e. goal bound) and come off a defender, or shots which rebound from the goal-frame and bounce-off a defender or goalkeeper may be considered as an own goal, but in the instance of the Netherlands opening goal against Brazil, the TSG have decided to credit the goal to the attacking player.

Therefore, Netherlands midfielder Wesley Sneijder now has 4 goals so far in the 2010 FIFA World Cup™️, taking him level with Gonzalo Higuain (Argentina), Robert Vittek (Slovakia) and David Villa (Spain) at the top of the goal scoring chart.

Enjoy. Smile
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion

Post  mrsport Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:49 am

Rampant Germany oust Argentina
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 1267145_full-lnd
Germany are through to the semi-finals after producing another masterful performance to beat Argentina 4-0 at Cape Town’s Green Point Stadium. Diego Maradona’s Albiceleste came into this match with high hopes of avenging their quarter-final defeat in 2006 but they ultimately had no answer to a slick, powerful German side who will now face either Spain or Paraguay in the last four.

These people are crazy. Shocked
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:50 am

Insane game.In your face Diego.Go Germany. Razz I want a final between European teams. Cool
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

http://firefoxthemes.hostei.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzaboy Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:53 am

AHhh man I put 50$ for Argentina and I lost.Diego you're not a good coach. Sad
pizzaboy
pizzaboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:55 am

Don't worry.There's always next time. Wink .Can't wait till tonight.Match will end 1:1. Razz
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:56 am

Jivko wrote:Don't worry.There's always next time. Wink .Can't wait till tonight.Match will end 1:1. Razz

I'm hoping for 3:0 for Spain.I've put 100 Euro on them. Very Happy
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzaboy Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:30 am

Well the won.Did you put 100 on the win or for 3:0? Very Happy
pizzaboy
pizzaboy

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:35 am

They did and I won.I'll add more info soon. Razz
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:56 am

Spain edge past resolute Paraguay
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 1267474_FULL-LND
Spain won through to a potentially epic semi-final meeting with Germany but the European champions had to do it the hard way requiring a lone second-half strike from David Villa to edge past a typically resolute Paraguay 1-0 at Johannesburg’s Ellis Park. The goal saw Villa move to outright lead of the adidas Golden Boot with five goals but the match was as much a tale of two failed spot-kicks, one for each side.
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Murry Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Last nights matches were quite interesting, especially Germany vs Argentina ... Very Happy Very Happy
I was for Germany and the went str8 through Maradona's "dream team" Very Happy
In the other quarter-final Spain won with a late goal scored by David Villa which was awesome. I dont know 'bout you but my money goes for Germany this year. They will claim the title World Cup Champions 2010, at least thats what i think Very Happy Smile
Murry
Murry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Go Netherlands go!I've put 300$ for the win.Even better if it's 3:1 Razz
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Murry Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Yeah, go Netherlands!!! I personally want an European Final, in order that to happen the Netherlands need to win. Go Team!!! Cool Very Happy
Murry
Murry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:24 am

YEAH 1:1 awesome match.Just 2 more goals and I'll get my profit.Very Happy Very Happy
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 am

Man almost guessed it!European final!Yes and I won again. Razz
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzaboy Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:33 am

Yeah 3:2 for Netherlands Very Happy
pizzaboy
pizzaboy

Back to top Go down

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 Empty Oranje edge five-goal thriller

Post  Jivko Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:29 pm

[b]Oranje edge five-goal thriller [/b]
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 1269451_full-lnd
Oranje edge five-goal thriller
Arjen Robben of the Netherlands celebrates scoring the third goal as Diego Perez of Uruguay (R) stands dejected

The Netherlands will face either Spain or Germany in the Final of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ after beating Uruguay by the odd goal in five in the first of the tournament’s semi-finals at Cape Town’s Green Point Stadium. Bert van Marwijk’s side were worthy of their victory but were made to work hard for it in an eventful last four encounter punctuated by excellent goals from Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Diego Forlan, Wesley Sneijder, Arjen Robben and Maximiliano Pereira.
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzaboy Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 am

Spain won with 1:0!Yeah Smile
pizzaboy
pizzaboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:44 am

I'm a bit disappointed.I like Delboske(not sure if I'm writing the name correctly)but I don't like how Spain played in this world cup.Slow game,quite defensive.Germany should have won. Sad
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:49 am

Puyol sends Spain into Final
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 1270144_large
Spain have advanced to their first FIFA World Cup™ Final, Carles Puyol's 74th-minute header securing a deserved 1-0 victory over Germany in Durban.
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Murry Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:04 am

That was a very lame match ... Surprised
Germany played a lot better compared to Spain's deffensive style,but that wasnt enough for the German machine to win and go to the final Sad
Spain's tactic turned out to be the winning one which sent them to their first World Cup Final. Still, I hope Holland becomes 2010 Word Champion, the spaniens just dont deserve it. Smile Very Happy Gooooooooooo Holland!!! Cool
Murry
Murry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:53 am

Final bet: Oracle Paul the Octopus picks Spain over Netherlands to win World Cup

I'm so going to eat him if it's true= What a Face lol!
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Murry Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:17 am

Well, I guess that makes two of us Mrsport Wink Very Happy
I honestly hope the octopus is wrong, 'cause Spain with their way of play it will be unfair if they win the World Cup. Whilst Holland fair and square beat Brazil and Urugway by totally outplaying them, thats why the Hollands simply have purchase the right to be and actually win this World Cup Final!!! Cool Smile
At least thats my point of view on things. Smile
Murry
Murry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzaboy Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:36 pm

What's with all these animals predicting the matches? Surprised
pizzaboy
pizzaboy

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:38 pm

Forlan fit to face Germany

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion - Page 2 1271241_FULL-LND

Uruguay striker Diego Forlan has recovered from a thigh injury and will play in the FIFA World Cup™ match for third place against Germany, coach Oscar Tabarez revealed on Friday. The influential Atletico Madrid forward was substituted in the 84th minute of Uruguay's 3-2 semi-final defeat by the Netherlands but Tabarez says Forlan is ready to assume a starting role against Joachim Low's side on Saturday.

"Yes, he's ready, but that doesn't mean he's only going to play to score and for the top goalscorers standings," said Tabarez of four-goal Forlan, who currently trails Spain's David Villa and Holland's Wesley Sneijder by one goal in the race for the adidas Golden Boot. "We absolutely want to win this match and it's a collective effort."

Winning the prize for the tournament's most prolific marksman would cap a memorable season for Forlan, who netted twice as Atletico Madrid defeated Fulham in the final of the UEFA Europa League in May.

Tabarez is convinced he can be decisive once again against the Germans. "There are lots of good things to say about Diego," he said. "He's much more than just an excellent footballer and a great professional; he's there in the big matches."

We absolutely want to win this match and it's a collective effort.
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Murry Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Im wondering the same thing Pizzaboy, they are just torturing the poor animals.
Why dont we just watch the match and find for ourselves. Smile
'Cause when someone tells you in advance who is gonna win, now where's the fun in that, no point at all in their action (animals predicting matches scratch )
Anyway, I honestly hope Germany wins their battle against Urugway and Holland become the new World Champs. Smile
Murry
Murry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next