Jivkos Firefox Themes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion

+3
Jivko
Murry
mrsport
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion Empty 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion

Post  mrsport Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:26 am

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion Wc2010_big_title

Here discuss everything related to the 2010 World cup.I'll try to support you with latest news and stuff about the world cup.Let's have a discussion.I'm so in this type of thing and this way you can help the dude make his forum more popular.After he built these wonderful themes and all he wants from us to leave comments.Ok enough with this.

Here are the groups.
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion Sshot1wl

Looking forward your comments.Would you like me to add a poll?
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion Empty Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion

Post  mrsport Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:42 am

Hi!
I've been a bit busy and I didn't have time to support you with latest news and stuff.I'm also watching the matches and I'm not very happy with them.I expected more from the beginning of the 2010 world cup championship in Africa but there's nothing I can do.

Here are the results in the groups. http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/standings/index.html If you have questions and want to know something just let me know.
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion Empty Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion

Post  Murry Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Awesome idea about making this topic dude!!! I support you at 100% Smile
Also, i agree about the poor quality of football skills and abilities demostrated by the players of each national team. Of course there are some exeptions, like Germany, Brazil and etc. In addtion, i think you should defenetely make a poll so that way we can see other people's opinions about which team the suppose will win the World Cup!!! Smile
Oh yeah and could you tell me your personal favourite that you guess will claim the title World Champion ? Razz
Murry
Murry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Murry wrote:Awesome idea about making this topic dude!!! I support you at 100% Smile
Also, i agree about the poor quality of football skills and abilities demostrated by the players of each national team. Of course there are some exeptions, like Germany, Brazil and etc. In addtion, i think you should defenetely make a poll so that way we can see other people's opinions about which team the suppose will win the World Cup!!! Smile
Oh yeah and could you tell me your personal favourite that you guess will claim the title World Champion ? Razz

What can I say.Usually I don't have a favourite and my country is not on the list of teams which take part in this World Cup cham.When my country is not on the list I stick with a small or inexperienced team.My money goes for Cote di voar and Drogba. Very Happy What about you? Arrow
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:26 am

POR 7:0 PRK
CHI 1:0 SUI
ESP 2:0 HON

Results form today Smile
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

http://firefoxthemes.hostei.com/

Back to top Go down

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion Empty fifa w.c. groupings rigged/fixed or what?!!

Post  cansoccerfan Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 pm

can someone PLEASE explain to me how in the world are these world cup groupings decided upon in the first place as far as who gets to play each other in all the groupings?....HOW COME ARGENTINA AND BRAZIL GETS PLACED IN SUCH "EASY" GROUPINGS???TALK ABOUT A CAKE WALK INTO THE FINAL 16 KNOCKOUT STAGES, GOOD GRIEF!!!...i think that there's a fix job here! oh yeah, we can't have the so called greatest soccer player, maradona, being their coach, not make it deep into the playoff stages, esp. with the "best" player in the cup,messi, not going on.
Messi, the best player, gimme a break! sure, the guys got the moves and stimulates his teammates to play better, but he CANNOT SCORE WHEN HE SHOULD ON EASY CHANCES! UNTIL HE DOES START SCORING, HE IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER THERE!!!
by the way, GO GHANA GO, GO USA GO, GO ENGLAND GO!!!!
AND AS FAR AS FRANCE IS CONCERNED, BOHOOOO! SOOO SORRY! NOT!! THEY DESERVED WHAT THEY GO IN THIS TOURNEY!...HEY, THEY CHEATED THEIR WAY INTO QUALIFIYING TO BEGIN WITH BY BEATING IRELAND WITH AN ILLEGAL HAND BALL GOAL THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE COUNTED THAT HELPED THEM GET THERE!

cansoccerfan

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:51 pm

cansoccerfan wrote:can someone PLEASE explain to me how in the world are these world cup groupings decided upon in the first place as far as who gets to play each other in all the groupings?....HOW COME ARGENTINA AND BRAZIL GETS PLACED IN SUCH "EASY" GROUPINGS???TALK ABOUT A CAKE WALK INTO THE FINAL 16 KNOCKOUT STAGES, GOOD GRIEF!!!...i think that there's a fix job here! oh yeah, we can't have the so called greatest soccer player, maradona, being their coach, not make it deep into the playoff stages, esp. with the "best" player in the cup,messi, not going on.
Messi, the best player, gimme a break! sure, the guys got the moves and stimulates his teammates to play better, but he CANNOT SCORE WHEN HE SHOULD ON EASY CHANCES! UNTIL HE DOES START SCORING, HE IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER THERE!!!
by the way, GO GHANA GO, GO USA GO, GO ENGLAND GO!!!!
AND AS FAR AS FRANCE IS CONCERNED, BOHOOOO! SOOO SORRY! NOT!! THEY DESERVED WHAT THEY GO IN THIS TOURNEY!...HEY, THEY CHEATED THEIR WAY INTO QUALIFIYING TO BEGIN WITH BY BEATING IRELAND WITH AN ILLEGAL HAND BALL GOAL THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE COUNTED THAT HELPED THEM GET THERE!

The teams from Africa are 4 or 5 I'm not sure.The teams from south America and Asia are not that many too and the whole point of the groupings is like this.They don't want 2 teams from Africa in one group for example.Same goes for Asia.This way African teams have a chance against the European teams.Europe has the most teams in every world cup and as far as I can remember they chose the teams from Africa first as far as I can remember.I'm not sure if I'm clear enough. Smile
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:59 am

Jivko wrote:POR 7:0 PRK
CHI 1:0 SUI
ESP 2:0 HON

Results from today Smile

Slovakia held on for a dramatic 3-2 victory over Italy at Ellis Park that sent them into Round of 16 and eliminated Marcello Lippi's world champions.

YES.Italy is out of the game! Very Happy
Video here http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=249722/match=300061480/index.html Wink
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 am

cansoccerfan There's a topic about the World cup so please leave your comments there. Smile
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion Empty WORLD CUP TOPIC...WHERE IS IT?

Post  cansoccerfan Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 am

GO DUTCH GO! GO GERMANY GO! GO ENGLAND GO! GO GHANA GO!....AND JUST ABOUT ANYBODY I HOPE WINS THE SOCCER CUP EXCEPT BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA....PROUD PRICS THAT THEY ARE!!!!!SO SICK OF THEM WINNING ALL THE TIME ....AND MESSE IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER AT THE TOURNEY FOR ARGENTINA, AND DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS, UNTIL HE STARTS TO SCORE, SHUTUP OR PUT OUT!....AND DONT GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE SO CALLED GREAT MARADONA COACHING AND HOPEFULLY NOT WINNING THE CUP!

cansoccerfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:50 am

cansoccerfan wrote:GO DUTCH GO! GO GERMANY GO! GO ENGLAND GO! GO GHANA GO!....AND JUST ABOUT ANYBODY I HOPE WINS THE SOCCER CUP EXCEPT BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA....PROUD PRICS THAT THEY ARE!!!!!SO SICK OF THEM WINNING ALL THE TIME ....AND MESSE IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER AT THE TOURNEY FOR ARGENTINA, AND DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS, UNTIL HE STARTS TO SCORE, SHUTUP OR PUT OUT!....AND DONT GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE SO CALLED GREAT MARADONA COACHING AND HOPEFULLY NOT WINNING THE CUP!

I don't like MESSE too.He is way to overrated.Brazil stinks and I don't want them to have a 6th cup.I also don't like the fact that so many people like them.They are not that good.I still remember commentators reaction when Brazil scored against the African team.He was like GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL.When Drogba scored he was like.O and Drogba scored.The commentator is not from Brazil. Suspect
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Yesterday England lost from Germany with 1:4 and Mexico lost from Argentina with 1:3. Very Happy

Comment!
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  thechosenone Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:30 pm

mrsport wrote:Yesterday England lost from Germany with 1:4 and Mexico lost from Argentina with 1:3. Very Happy

Comment!

Man these Germans kicked some serious English bu*t. Very Happy They've showed nice football. Cool Laughing
thechosenone
thechosenone

Back to top Go down

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion Empty rigged or what?!!!

Post  cansoccerfan Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 am

yeah, sure, germany and argentina won, BUT, WHAT ABOUT THE POOR OFFICIATING OF BOTH THE GAMES! man, that was an offside goal by argentina that if not allowed, wouldve changed the style of the game for mexico and maybe produced a diff. result, and the goal that shouldve counted for england would've changed things for that game as well....i'm telling ya, there is something brewing about these games that stinks if you ask me. i think the higher powers to be dont want germany and argentina and brazil for that matter eliminated too early into this cup for obvious reasons...$$$$$.....less fan support, less tv ratings, etc etc....just like the nhl and the stanley cup and no canadian team winning for upteem years, dont get me started on that one.

cansoccerfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:12 pm

cansoccerfan wrote:yeah, sure, germany and argentina won, BUT, WHAT ABOUT THE POOR OFFICIATING OF BOTH THE GAMES! man, that was an offside goal by argentina that if not allowed, wouldve changed the style of the game for mexico and maybe produced a diff. result, and the goal that shouldve counted for england would've changed things for that game as well....i'm telling ya, there is something brewing about these games that stinks if you ask me. i think the higher powers to be dont want germany and argentina and brazil for that matter eliminated too early into this cup for obvious reasons...$$$$$.....less fan support, less tv ratings, etc etc....just like the nhl and the stanley cup and no canadian team winning for upteem years, dont get me started on that one.

I agree with you.They should add cameras too help the referees. Wink
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Jivko wrote:
cansoccerfan wrote:yeah, sure, germany and argentina won, BUT, WHAT ABOUT THE POOR OFFICIATING OF BOTH THE GAMES! man, that was an offside goal by argentina that if not allowed, wouldve changed the style of the game for mexico and maybe produced a diff. result, and the goal that shouldve counted for england would've changed things for that game as well....i'm telling ya, there is something brewing about these games that stinks if you ask me. i think the higher powers to be dont want germany and argentina and brazil for that matter eliminated too early into this cup for obvious reasons...$$$$$.....less fan support, less tv ratings, etc etc....just like the nhl and the stanley cup and no canadian team winning for upteem years, dont get me started on that one.

Arjen Robben led the way for the Netherlands as they beat Slovakia 2-1 in Durban on Monday.

Brazil knocked Chile out of the FIFA World Cup™️ with 3:0 as Juan, Luis Fabiano and Robinho scored to set up a quarter-final showdown with the Netherlands.
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:25 pm

mrsport wrote:
Jivko wrote:

Arjen Robben led the way for the Netherlands as they beat Slovakia 2-1 in Durban on Monday.

Brazil knocked Chile out of the FIFA World Cup™️ with 3:0 as Juan, Luis Fabiano and Robinho scored to set up a quarter-final showdown with the Netherlands.

No stopping in-form Villa
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion 1263954_full-lnd

Unbeaten in the group phase, Portugal keeper Eduardo had his unblemished record spoiled by the unstoppable David Villa on Tuesday evening. In scoring the only goal in Spain’s Round-of-16 win over the Portuguese, the Barcelona striker became La Roja’s top FIFA World Cup™️ finals goalscorer, an indication of his inestimable worth to Vicente del Bosque’s side.

“Portugal were very tight at the back and their keeper was in great form,” said a magnanimous Villa after Spain had completed a slender 1-0 win. “They didn’t make it easy for us, but I got one sight on goal and luckily it was enough.” Smile
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Nice match.I think that the red card at the end was unnecessary but I can't do anything about it.Go Spain! Very Happy
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:25 am

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion 1265771_full-lnd

The Netherlands came from behind to break Brazilian hearts and take a huge step towards a third FIFA World Cup™️ final appearance. Trailing at half-time to Robinho's early goal in Port Elizabeth, Bert van Marwijk's men drew level through Felipe Melo's own goal before Wesley Sneijder headed the winner with 22 minutes remaining. Brazil ended the game a man short after Felipe Melo's dismissal as, like in Germany four years ago, the South Americans, unbeaten since last October, saw their dream of a sixth world crown dismantled at the quarter-final stage.

Brazil lost Sad
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:33 am

Brazil lost PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Razz Cool flower
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Murry Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:33 am

Im going to stick with Mrsport's opinion, 'cause my favourites (Brazil) lost was ridiculous, by the end of the first half they played brilliantly and after that i have no clue what went wrong but that cost them the match and the World Cup also .... Sad But as many people would say the better team won, still i feel sry 'bout the brazillian team .... Sad
Murry
Murry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:36 am

LATEST NEWS!
Germany to ease past Argentina, predicts Ballack
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion 1265072_FULL-LND

Injured Germany captain Michael Ballack has predicted that his side will beat Argentina 3-1 in Saturday's FIFA World Cup™️ quarter-final after watching the team train here on Friday.

The 33-year-old midfielder, who was ruled out of the finals after injuring his ankle in May's FA Cup final, told German daily Bild that he could offer little advice to the young side which has produced some electrifying football.

The Germany squad has an average age of just under 25 and Ballack came to Green Point Stadium on Friday to watch the side train on the eve of their quarter-final showdown and says he has been impressed by what he has seen. "I have no advice to give the team, everything is going really well, what they have achieved so far is fantastic," Ballack said. "Under these conditions, we have our chances against Argentina and I predict a 3-1 victory."

Fabregas: Torres will play key role
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion 1259080_FULL-LND

Cesc Fabregas has no doubt his Spain team-mate Fernando Torres will soon be over his goal drought and is expecting the striker to play a key role in the FIFA World Cup™️ quarter-final against Paraguay tomorrow.

The Liverpool forward has failed to hit the back of the net for the European champions in their opening four games, after an injury-hit domestic season for his English club, which him saw head to South Africa in the wake of a knee problem.

Torres has so far failed to live up to expectations, but Fabregas said: "This boy is accustomed to this kind of situation. He's accustomed to all these situations because he's been under pressure ever since he was a little boy. He is very much at ease and I think tomorrow he will have a possibility to showcase his talents to see whether he can take this team to the highest possible ranks."

Messi to be given free role
2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion 1264927_FULL-LND
Diego Maradona will tell Lionel Messi to go out and destroy Germany just like he did in the 1986 FIFA World Cup™️ final. Messi will be given a free role to play exactly where he likes in tomorrow's quarter-final at the Green Point Stadium despite suffering from a touch of flu.

The Barcelona star sat out this afternoon's training session but will start against Joachim Low's side tomorrow. Maradona, who scored five goals in the 1986 FIFA World Cup and was their inspiration in a a 3-2 final defeat of Germany, said of Messi: "He did feel a bit under the weather, had a slight fever.

"He told me about it and I sent him back inside. It was very cold when we started training at 4.30pm. I gave him a bit of a rest. The session went well, but I never considered him not playing in this game. I just let him have a rest so he could play against Germany."

Messi has not scored so far at South Africa 2010 but he has provided assists for more than half of Argentina's ten goals, and Maradona says he will allow him the same free role he used to occupy for the national team. "I want to give him freedom to play his game," he said. "He has no defined position. These players, like Messi, if you label them or shackle them, you'll detract from their freshness and initiative."

More news soon.I'll try to support. Smile
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Jivko Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:39 am

African teams lost everything.Number 5 what did you do? Sad
Jivko
Jivko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsport Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:45 am

2010  FIFA World Cup South Africa:General discussion 1266333_large

There were tears for Ghana as Asamoah Gyan missed a last-gasp extra-time penalty before Uruguay prevailed 4-2 on spot-kicks after a 1-1 quarter-final draw.
mrsport
mrsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Murry Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Yeah, I sympathize tha Ghana team 'cause they player really good and deserved to go to the semi - finals but ... for their misfortune they lost the match, by penalties.
I think that they just didnt had enough psychical strenght to win ...
Sorry guys ... Sad Better luck on the next World Cup Smile
Murry
Murry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next